“What do I do?”
I hear that from parents all the time. Parenting can be cyclical. We know what we’re doing for a while then something new happens and we don’t know how to handle it. Often we use all our tools in the toolbox and we still can’t get the results we want. If participating in classes and workshops is not for you or the schedule doesn’t work and you want ideas for your specific situation, work with me directly. You’ll be able to get personalized ideas, an opportunity to explore and sort through what’s happening, and ongoing accountability and support to ensure real change happens.
What is coaching?
Coaching with me is a process of examining where you are now in your parenting, where you want to be, and what you need to do to get there. Through questioning and sharing concepts and techniques from positive and democratic parenting, you will learn, practice, and try new ways of interacting with your children.
I am your partner in unraveling what is behind the behavior and patterns that are frustrating your family and applying different perspectives and approaches to shift the behavior from unproductive to productive so your children can contribute in valuable ways.
How does it work?
We do a 60 minute complimentary phone sample session, an intake session and a minimum of 2 sessions per month for a minimum of 3 months.
Coaching is for you if:
- You have limited time and want the answers to your specific questions.
- You want perspective on what’s working in your parenting and a plan for what’s not working.
- You want encouragement, reassurance and new ideas to add to your parenting bag of tricks.
- You have one area that you really want to focus on; you’ve looked at it every which way and can’t see how to move on with it.
- You want a long-term shift in your parenting style
- The “group thing” isn’t you. You know you will only be comfortable sharing private information with a coach one-on-one.
What will I get out of it?
- More confidence – You’ll know what do to
- More knowledge – You’ll understand what your children need
- More skill – You’ll develop methods that work
- Better appreciation – You’ll see your child for who they are
How do I get started?
Contact me or call me at 908-516-0831 for a complimentary one hour phone or in-person consultation to see if coaching is right for you.